Pet nutrition is vital to the well-being of dogs, cats, and exotic pets. We can recommend
SPECIALLY FORMULATED DIETS
to help manage health conditions and provide the nourishment your pet needs to grow and play with you!
Schedule a consultation with McGehee Clinic for Animals today!
Avoiding Unhealthy Tendencies
Our pets rely on us to provide them with the proper nutrition and a healthy diet to ensure they grow and develop properly. Although it may be tempting to sneak our pets a scrap or food from the table, it’s important to avoid unhealthy patterns that may lead to weight gain or other health problems. There are several ways to maintain proper nutrition such as:
- Do not continuously feed your pets treats throughout the day.
- Refrain from giving your pet table scraps.
- Maintain a set schedule and feed your pet at the same time each day.
- Measure out your pet’s meals based on veterinarian recommendations.
- Do not leave food sitting out all day for cats.
- Consider using a food puzzle to occupy your pet and stop them from eating too fast.
- If you’re not sure, ask your veterinarian for suggestions!
How to Determine the Best Diet for Your Pet
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with the many options for feeding your pet. The McGehee team can offer guidance on cat and dog nutrition in Memphis, TN including: